Followers

Friday 9 September 2011

Woodware sketch challenge

It's all go.....so much to do this month.
So, here is my sketch challenge layout, as usual it contains flowers. I have a floral punch craft class on the 9th September at The Glitter Pot and we are making Impatience, so I thought it would be a good idea to use the sketch from Dorothy as my inspiration.
The base card is A5 and made from Woodware cream linen finish card 2807. I've covered the front with a neutral paper and used the same linen card for the front panel which is set off and layered with olive green card. I used a die to cut my scallop and plain circles.
The stamp is from my new 'On Your Wedding' JGCL546 and is stamped using green ink.
The instructions for the flowers are in Leone Em's FPC book 2 (red cover) on page 21 with a nice picture of the finished flowers on the opposite page. The instructions list all the punches but just in case you need 815-03 flower, 811 plier circle, 821-04 flower and 821-03 birch leaf.
I've used Woodware red A4 paper from the FPC-P1 bright paper pack which I would have liked to bleach (the flowers really need white blotches on them) but the paper would not bleach. If anybody out there knows of a 80 to 90gsm coloured paper that bleaches please let me know.
I've drawn some elegant swirls with little drops of Liquid Pearls LP11 ruby red to add a finishing flourish and some dots around the scallop oval too.

3 comments:

Daria said...

This is lovely. I like the neutral colors in the background; the flowers are beautiful. I love the addition of the red Liquid Pearls.

debs29blue said...

Hi Jane

This is just absolutely beautiful.
Gorgeous!
Take care
Debs xx

Sarah K said...

What a fun class, beautiful card, Thanks xx

Tabitha looking cute

Tabitha looking cute
Look, I’ve just caught you another mouse!